The following update is compatible with: CDE-143EBT and UTE-42EBT.
The update will improve the following:
Bluetooth Firmware >> 13MYDecola8D18
The unit can be updated via USB connection.
1. Add the Firmware Update file (above) in the root directory of a USB memory device.
Note: the USB memory device should not contain any other files.
2. Turn the head unit on and select USB Audio as a source.
3. Open the cover of the USB port on the head unit. Connect the USB memory device directly to the USB port on the head unit face. The head unit will display [UNSUPPORTED].
4. Press and hold AUDIO/SETUP for at least 2 seconds to activate the setup mode.
5. Turn the volume knob to select “BLUETOOTH”, then press ENTER.
6. Turn the volume knob to select “FW UPDATE”, then press ENTER.
7. Turn the volume knob to select “UPDATE YES”, then press ENTER.
Display will show: “SEARCHING” (1 second) > “UPD START” (20 seconds) > “UPD %”
Do not turn the head unit off or press any buttons, the head unit will show 0% ~ 99% until completed.
8. If the update is successful, the head unit will show “UPDATED” (5 seconds) > “M-SUM 8D18” (will continue to display until vehicle accessories are turned off).
9. Remove the USB memory device and turn vehicle accessories off. The update is complete.
After completion of the update, you can check the current firmware version number by turning the volume knob to select “BLUETOOTH”, press ENTER, turn the volume knob to select “FW VERSION”, and press ENTER. If the FW Version number is displayed as “8.00.70R” then the update procedure was successful.