Firmware Version 5.000 Update for X902D-F, X208AU and INE-W977A
This update is specifically intended for users with the X208AU and INE-W977A. There is one firmware update per unit. If you are not sure if you need this update please contact your dealer.
*Note please ensure you download and apply the correct update for your unit.
Firmware Instructions and release notes
For firmware version 5.000 update instructions and features, download the pdf guide here.
Please note: The Update is not required for Alpine units with Firmware versions “5.000” or higher.
- Volume Control: General volume control has been changed from a general volume for all applications to application specific
- General Audio volume (Radio/ USB/ Bluetooth/ AUX/ HDMI DVD/ CD playback
- Hands Free Calling
- Parking Support with Front and Rear Camera: When front and rear camera are connected using KCX-250MC Multi Camera Selector, the image will automatically change from rear to front camera. To accomodate for front and rear camera support the camera image will be displayed for 10 seconds or until the vehicle speed exceeds 16kms per hour. Importantly, if your installation is using a factory installed or third party reverse camera the rear camera installation must be active when the vehicle accessories is engaged to prevent the camera image displaying a blank screen. For more information refer to the instructions and features pdf guide here.
- Search Function and Folder UP/DN: The search button has been moved from main source menu to the function key area of the BT/ USB/ iPod mode.
- Operation: Swipe operation for source or screen change has been disabled and large touch areas were implemented instead.
- Setting Audio Mute On/Off while Backing up: The sound can be muted when shifting into reverse gear.
Firmware Version 5.000 only for the X902D-F
Click here to download the firmware update for the X902D-F.
Firmware Version 5.000 update only for the X208AU
Click here to download the firmware update for the X208AU.
*This update is not compatible with Mazda BT-50 X208AU M and X208AU M2 units.
Firmware Version 5.000 only for the INE-W977A
Click here to download the firmware update for the INE-W977A.
Requirements and limitations
- Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- USB stick with minimum capacity 1 GB (recommended 4GB USB version 3)