Please note: The Update is not required for Alpine units with Firmware versions “18.104.22.168.2.210” or higher.
1. Click on the following link X108AU Update and the download will commence.
2. Once the download is complete, open the folder titled ‘X108AU Update 201612’ and ‘copy’ the folder titled BDAP422A to the root directory of a formatted FAT32 format USB memory device.
Note: the USB memory device can not contain any other files for the process to work correctly.
3. Remove the USB from your computer.
4. Turn the head unit on and press the ‘Audio’ button
5. Connect the USB memory device into the USB extension lead connected to the rear of the head unit.
6. After a short moment, a message will appear on the screen stating ‘Update File Copy’, Press ‘Okay’
7. The next message on the screen will ask ‘Would you like to update now’, Press ‘Okay’
8. The update will start in 10 to 20 seconds, and will take between 5 and 15 minutes
9. After the update is complete the unit will revert back to the Audio screen.
10. Remove the USB memory device and turn vehicle accessories off. The update is complete.